Cheek Augmentation in Cincinnati
Cheek Augmentation Benefits: Sculpted and Youthful Cheeks
Cheek Enhancement Surgery
Cheek augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure which can add prominence to the cheeks and create better harmony among the facial features. High cheekbones have traditionally been a sign of beauty and they can be achieved through surgery by inserting facial implants in the cheek area. Cheek augmentation can enhance the features or help to improve poor facial contour.
Individuals who are looking to add prominence to the cheeks may be good candidates for cheek augmentation. As with all surgery, it’s also important that patients have realistic expectations for the outcome and that they be in good health. During a consultation, Dr. Donath will help you to determine if cheek augmentation is right for you.
The Cheek Surgery Process
Local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia may be used for facial implants surgery. Dr. Donath will begin by making an incision inside of the upper lip or in the lower eyelid. Once the incisions are made, the tissues are stretched to create a pocket into which the facial implants are then inserted. The incisions are then sutured closed. Cheek augmentation may take as little as thirty minutes up to an hour or more to complete.
A dressing may be applied to the cheek area once the facial implant surgery is complete. It is common for patients to experience some discomfort, though this can be managed with prescription medication. Moving the lips and mouth may be difficult at first and dietary restrictions may be necessary. The stitches may be removed or dissolve on their own within about ten days. The location of the incisions inside of the lower lip or in the lower eyelid allows for no visible scarring. Most patients are able to return to work within one to two weeks though more vigorous activities will need to be postponed for several weeks or longer.
Why choose Dr. Donath — Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Internationally renowned facial plastic surgeon–has lectured around the world and is published in leading medical journals.
- Patients travel from across the US and internationally for Dr. Donath’s expertise.
- Graduated summa cum laude (highest honors) from Ohio University where he was a scholarship recipient and was inducted into the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa national honor society.
- He then completed medical school at the University of Cincinnati, widely recognized as one of the top medical centers in the country, where he was President of the school’s American Medical Student Association.
- Completing a rigorous five-year residency training program in all aspects of Head and Neck Surgery at St. Louis University.
- He additionally spent time studying at Harvard Medical School.
- He has been nominated as a Top Doctor in Cincinnati Magazine and by Castle Connolly for many consecutive years — more than a decade.
- Is a national trainer of other physicians for both Galderma (Dysport®, Restylane®) and Allergan (Botox®, Juvederm®), and is a frequent guest on multiple media outlets to present the public with the most recent facial aesthetic techniques.
Cheek Augmentation FAQs
Cheek augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure designed to add prominence to the cheeks with the use of facial implants. Can achieve the appearance of high cheekbones, creating better balance and harmony among the facial features. The surgery can improve poor facial contour or simply enhance the features.
If you are looking to add prominence to the cheeks and are physically healthy and realistic in your expectations, then cheek augmentation may be right for you. Dr. Donath is happy to meet with you for a consultation to help you decide if facial implants are right for you.
During the consultation for cheek augmentation, Dr. Donath will meet with you to examine your cheeks, discuss your goals, and take a thorough medical history. He will weigh other factors like age, skin type and attitude toward facial implants surgery to help determine if cheek augmentation is right for you. He will explain the technique, the anesthesia, the surgical facility, the risks, and the costs and address any questions or concerns that you may have.
Cheek augmentation may be performed with local anesthesia and sedation or with general anesthesia.
Dr. Donath begins the cheek augmentation surgery by making incisions in the lower eyelid or on the inside of the upper lip. The facial implants are then inserted and the incisions are closed with sutures.
Facial Implants surgery may take thirty minutes to an hour or more to perform.
The incisions for cheek augmentation may be made in the lower eyelid or on the inside of the upper lip.
By locating the incisions in the lower eyelid or on the inside of the lower lip, patients are left with no visible scarring.
Some discomfort can be expected after facial implants surgery, though prescription medication can help to manage this.
Like with other implant procedures, patients may experience some discomfort after undergoing cheek augmentation and this can be controlled with prescription medication. In addition, patients may have difficulty moving their lips and mouth at first and this may make dietary restrictions necessary. Stitches are removed or dissolve on their own in about ten days. While vigorous activities may be postponed for several weeks or more, most patients find that they can return to work after one to two weeks.
Work and most other normal activities can usually be resumed within one to two weeks after the facial implant surgery.
Stitches are usually removed or dissolve on their own after about ten days.